Watch Out For These East Lansing Road Closures For The MSU Homecoming Parade
This week is MSU's Homecoming. So that means that all week long, there are going to be fun activities all over campus and in East Lansing as well. Most of these activities won't affect roads or travel, but one will; the parade.
According to a news flash from the City of East Lansing, the "2017 MSU Homecoming Parade will take place on Friday, Oct. 20, beginning at 6 p.m." However, keep in mind, that road closures for the parade will start way earlier in the day. Here's a look at what roads will be closed and when.
- Abbot Road closed between Whitehills Drive and Burcham Drive from 2:30 - 7 pm
- Abbot Road again, between Burcham Drive and Grand River Ave from 5:30 - 7:15 pm
- Burcham Drive between Old Hickory Lane and Abbot Road from 3:30 - 7:15 pm
- Grand River Ave between Abbot Road and the Collingwood Drive/Farm Lane entrance to MSU's campus from 5:30 - 7:15 pm
- Centerlawn Ave between Forest Street and Abbot Road from 2:30 - 7 pm
- Evergreen Ave between Centerlawn Ave to Northlawn Ave from 2:30 - 7 pm
- Forest Street between Centerlawn Ave and Northlawn Ave from 2:30 - 7 pm
- Fern Street between Evergreen Ave and Abbot Road from 2:30 - 7 pm
- Northlawn Ave between Forest Street and Abbot Road from 2:30 - 7 pm
There are some suggestions as far as alternate routes, but my advice would be to avoid driving through East Lansing period. Click here for more details on the detours.