Dangerous Green Slime?
Is making slime a dangerous thing? Well, some say yes and some say the health risks of the new 'slime craze' are mostly false. Here are some of the stories out there regarding the potential hazards of making slime.
First, in Massachusetts, an 11-year-old girl allegedly suffered second and third degree burns after making slime at home. According to WCVB, doctors determined it was from prolonged exposure to borax, which is one of the ingredients used to make the homemade slime. Another report from The Sun said that a 10-year-old girl's hands were “red raw” and covered in blisters after she used an online guide to make a batch of slime.
According to Snopes, there are several dangers (reproductive toxicity, and neurotoxic harm) that are being associated with making slime that are mostly false. However, they also do reference the potential hazard of using borax. Snopes says that "respiratory, skin, or eye irritation from borax is possible" but they also mostly talk about the dangers of ingesting it. You can read more here and make your own decision on whether making that slime is worth it or not.
**CHECK OUT THE NEW WITL APP AVAILABLE AT THE ITUNES STORE AND GOOGLE PLAY!**
- Listen to Banana Don & Stephanie McCoy weekday mornings from 5:30a-10a on 100.7 WITL.
- Follow Stephanie on Facebook at facebook.com/bananastephanie and facebook.com/WITLFM on Twitter @WITLMcCoy.
- Email Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org