You Need to Explore Some of These Trails in Brighton, Michigan
Alright, how are we feeling about all of these hikes? Are you sick of me yet? Are you like, "Erica, you don't even enjoy working out yourself, quit shoving exercise in my face."
If so, I get it. That's how I feel about my Jillian Michaels workout videos. Well, I got another one for you if you're up for it and it's within an hour of the Lansing area.
Brighton Recreation Area
The Brighton Recreation Area is 4,947 acres and features six campgrounds and seven different trails. So, whether you're looking to get in some quick exercise or preparing for a 5k, they've got something for you.
Here's a list of their trails:
- Algonac-Blazing Star Trail - 0.50 miles
- Brighton-Bishop Lake Hiking Trail - 1.00 miles
- Brighton-Kahchin Trail - 2.00 miles
- Brighton-Murray Lake Trail - 3.40 miles
- Brighton-Penosha Trail - 5.00 miles
- Brighton-Torn Shirt Mountain Bike Trail - 6.00 miles
- Brighton-Equestrian Trail - 21.00 miles
If you're a fan of fall colors, look at how beautiful the Brighton Recreation Area is during autumn.
Camping at Brighton Recreation Area
I hate to say it, but the end of summer is quickly approaching. But then again, who knows. Sometimes the weather stays relatively warm until the end of October or beginning of November. If you're looking to get some more use out of your RV or tent, they have six campgrounds.
- Brighton Appleton Lake-Rustic
- Brighton Bishop Lake-Modern
- Brighton Murray Lake-Rustic
- Brighton-Group Use Area
- Brighton-Rustic Cabins
I mean, it's clearly an awesome place to stay, look at this sunset.
You can find more information on camping at the Brighton Recreation Area here. It's located at 6360 Chilson Road in Howell.
After you're done checking out all of the hikes in Howell, don't forget to check out The Pickney Recreation Area. It's home of six different trails and twenty inland lakes.