AMC Reopening Many Theatres August 20th, Only One in Michigan
For those wanting to see movies on the big screen again, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
AMC Theatres have announced their plan to reopen many theatres this month. Some of their locations will be open as early as August 20th. However, of the 13 AMC locations in Michigan, only one will reopen. The AMC CLASSIC Cherry Blossom 14 in Traverse City will reopen their doors on August 27th.
AMC Theatres have also announced their AMC Safe & Clean policies and procedures for when those locations open back up. AMC has taken steps to reduce touchpoints, simplify menus, reduce capacities, and more. Some of the policies and procedures are as follows.
- Masks must be worn at all times, with the exception of eating and drinking. Neck gaiters, open-chin bandana, and masks with vents or exhalation valves are not acceptable. Masks can also be purchased for $1.
- Reduced auditorium capacities have been lowered to 30%. Theatres with traditional seating will have every other row blocked off.
- Cashless transactions are preferred. No cash will be accepted at concessions or MacGuffins Bar.
- The menu has been simplified for shorter lines and quicker service.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipe stations will be available.
- Condiments are now available upon request and no longer out in the open.
- Managers and crew members will have daily health screenings, which include daily temperature screens before their shifts.
- Auditoriums will be disinfected before every show with new electrostatic disinfectant sprayers.
If you do plan to head to AMC Theatres in Traverse City when they open, click here to see which movies they will be playing.
Source: AMC Theatres