A Carousel Is Coming Back To Lake Lansing Park This Weekend
It's been almost 40 years since people were able to ride the carousel at Lake Lansing Park but that's about to change. As part of the Meridian Township's 175th-anniversary celebration, a carousel will return to the park today (June 16th) thru Sunday. For those that don't remember, yes, there actually used to be a carousel ride at the park back in the1940's. According to the Lansing State Journal, the Dentzel carousel arrived at Lake Lansing Park South in 1941. It opened in the carousel pavilion in 1942 and was available for rides until the amusement park closed in 1973.
Things you need to know about this weekend's carousel rides:
- The carousel hours are 3pm-9pm on June 16th, 11am-8pm on June 17th and noon-3pm June 18th.
- The carousel will be located just south of the main entrance to the park, immediately adjacent to Marsh Road.
- Carousel rides are free.
**Please note that admission to the park is free today (June 16th) only. Click here for more info.
**CHECK OUT THE NEW WITL APP AVAILABLE AT THE ITUNES STORE AND GOOGLE PLAY!**
- Listen to Banana Don & Stephanie McCoy weekday mornings from 5:30a-10a on 100.7 WITL.
- Follow Stephanie on Facebook at facebook.com/bananastephanie and facebook.com/WITLFM on Twitter @WITLMcCoy.
- Email Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org