These Michigan Beaches Are Dog Friendly
Pups need a chance to cool down this summer too! So why not plan a Michigan beach vacation that you can bring Fido too!
The Pure Michigan website did the leg work (or should I say paw work) on this one. There are plenty of beaches all across Michigan that let you bring your doggo with you, like:
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore - This is a winning combination: sand dunes and water. You and your pup can take a hike and then go for a swim.
- Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore - I'm not sure if your dog will appreciate the multicolored sandstone cliffs as much as you will, but they'll definitely appreciate the waterfalls, inland lakes, and streams.
- Warren Dunes State Park - Warren Dunes has "2.5 miles of sandy shoreline" that are pet friendly and perfect for Fido!
- Tawas Point State Park - If you head east, you can find Tawas Point State Park near Lake Huron, and Tawas Point's sandy beaches are perfect for relaxing beach side with your four-legged friend.
- Grand Haven & Grand Haven City Beach - This one is nice because you don't have to travel too far to visit it. Plus, pups are allowed on the boardwalk and the beach!
To find out more places in Michigan that are pet/dog friendly, click here.