Five Family Friendly Michigan Winter Activities
There isn't a whole lot of sunshine this time of year in Michigan, and this makes us really look forward to spring. I guess there is no need to complain about it. What we really should be doing is actually getting off our butts and getting out of the house. After all, there is a lot to do this winter in this great state of ours. We can't just sit around and wait for the warm sunshine coming in June. Take advantage of the change of season by creating a Winter Bucket List filled with cold weather activities and fun things to do.
- How about inviting friends to a snow touch football game at a park like Granger Meadow Park.
- Skiing is always fun for the whole family, so maybe check out Mt. Brighton ski resort
- Dogsledding would be something different and the kids will love it. You can go to a place like shemhadar Dog Sled Adventure's. It's only about $75 for the whole family.
- Take a snowshoe hike! It's great exercise and fun for everyone. Here some Michigan trails to take and explore. Plus there are plenty of places just to take the family for a winter walk in your Lansing neighborhood.
- Snowmobiling is a blast. Check out traillink.com for trails and maps.
Start doing some of these fun Michigan activities, and spring will be here before you know it. We know there aren't many states to live in that are better for spring and summer than Michigan. I can't wait to waterski and bring out the fishing poles.
What winter things do you enjoy doing?