Ways You Can Support Local Businesses For Free Right Now
A new study reported by Mid-Michigan Now-NBC25 released by the NFIB Research Center on the impact the COVID-19 pandemic and imposed shutdowns have had on small businesses throughout state is more than grim.
The study shows that one-in-four small business owners reported that they will have to close their doors in the next six months if the current economic conditions don’t improve. This figure is up 5% from last month. In addition, the study states that 22% of owners say they will not be able to operate any longer than 7-12 months under current economic conditions.
While the pandemic has left many feeling a pinch to their wallets, people are still trying to find a way to support the many local businesses in our area. These businesses are owned by our neighbors, our friends, and employed by our family and acquaintances.
Yes, spending money where you can would be best for sure, but there is a way to support these hometown eateries and shops without a fiscal hit to your own bank account. Here's 5 things you can do to make a difference and lend a helping hand.
- Follow them on social media. Following is a great way to show support with just a quick click of a button. Don't forget Instagram and Twitter as well.
- Engage with their posts- Like it, Share it, Comment on it.
- Write a positive review. Your opinion counts and reviews are like gold. Word of mouth makes a huge impact.
- Tell your family & friends about them. Spread the good news and positive feedback.
- If you happen to have shopped or eaten with them in the past, give them a shout out. Its never too late!
Small businesses need our support more than ever right now. So take a minute and spread some positive love and encouraging words. We are all in this together.
READ MORE: See how some companies are changing their businesses to combat COVID-19