Tips for Dealing With Holiday Depression and Stress
The holidays are of course a time for family, friends and being happy. It's a great time of year. It's also a tough time for people suffering from holiday depression. It can be especially tough for us that have to go through a tough winter without the sunshine many states like Florida enjoy.
Here are some tips on dealing with holiday stress and depression from betterhelp.com:
- Don't be afraid to switch up your holiday traditions. If something you've been doing for years isn't worth the stress, try something else!
- Try and get up and out of bed, even though it might just feel like you're going through the motions.
- Don't have unrealistic expectations of other people.
- Let the people close to you know what's going on.
- Allow people to help.
- Don't dwell in the past. This holiday season doesn't have to be like all of the previous ones.
- Watch what you eat, get enough sleep, and exercise.
Also, if you suspect someone is having a hard time this holiday season, please reach out and let them know it's ok. This year has been hard on everyone, so make sure to extend any help you can.