Recycle-Rama Is Happening Again This Year In Lansing
The Lansing area's largest recycling event, Recycle-Rama 2019 is scheduled for Saturday, April 13th from 9 AM - 2PM. This year's event will once again be held at the Ingham County Health Department on Cedar Street. The one-day recycling event is open to everyone and almost everything is free to drop off. If you've got books, clothing, scrap metal, appliances, medications and more to get rid of, this is your big chance. (Please note that there is a $20 fee for TV's and monitors. Also, no batteries or hazardous material will be accepted during the event.)
Wondering what happens to all the *stuff* that you drop off? According to the City of Lansing, here's where some of your items may end up:
- Computers and Electronics: Valley City Electronics Recycling
- Appliances, Scrap Metal, Bicycles, Books, CDs, DVDs: MSU Surplus Store and Recycling Center. Items are re-purposed or recycled
- Clothing, Shoes, Household Items: Goodwill Industries. Items are repurposed.
- Yarn & Fabric: Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP). Seniors knit, crochet, quilt and donate their work back to the community
- Eyeglasses / Hearing Aids: Bretton Woods Lions Club. Items are re-used, repurposed, or recycled.