New Years Superstitions To Bring Good Luck
New Years is right around the corner, and if you want to bring in 2020 with some good luck, you might want to follow these superstitions. These superstitions are from BT.com, and they reference following these superstitions so you don't bring any bad luck into the new year/decade.
- Don't Sweep! I know this is weird, but the idea is not to sweep or dust on New Year’s Day because you could 'sweep your good luck away.'
- No Laundry You really aren't supposed to do laundry between Christmas and New Years and this is because of a myth that says washing your clothing on these days can actually lead to ‘washing a loved one away.'
- Wear New Clothes on New Years You will want to do this to bring in a new style and a freshness into the new year.
- Don't Eat Chicken You will not want to do this because it supposedly brings poverty to you in the New Year.
- Don't Cry on New Years You don't want to bring sadness into the New Year.
- Hang A Lemon Again another weird one but hanging lemons in doorways is another old-fashioned tradition designed to keep that good energy flowing.
- Be Debt Free You want to pay off any debts before the new year starts and also don't loan any money on New Year's Eve unless it paid off immediately or it might bring some bad luck to the new year.
- Avoid Crying Cats If you hear cats crying, you might want to avoid it until the next year as it is a bad omen for the new year.
- Eat Healthy This one is easy but eat a healthy meal to kick off the new year to bring good health in 2020.
- Open a Door Open your doors and windows to let the new year come in and send the old one out!
You can see more about these superstitions here.