Michigan Road Construction Projects Put On Hold For Memorial Day
If you've got travel plans this weekend, here's some good news from the Michigan Department of Transportation. MDOT has announced that they will be suspending work and lifting traffic restrictions wherever possible this holiday weekend to help ease congestion and increase safety. Many road construction projects and lane restrictions are scheduled to be put on hold starting at 3pm this afternoon and will remain on hold until 6am on Tuesday.
Here is the complete list of projects that will be put on hold:
- M-64 in Ontonagon, Ontonagon County, will be restricted to one lane in alternating directions over the Ontonagon River via temporary signals.
- M-123, Chippewa County, will be restricted to one lane in alternating directions over Black Creek via temporary signals. A 9-foot width restriction is in place.
- US-2, Dickinson County, has two lanes open between Calvary Street and Dawn's Lake Road with a traffic shift.
- US-2, Mackinac County, is closed over the Cut River with a posted detour.
- US-2/US-41/M-35, Delta County, has two lanes open between Mead Road and County Road 426 with a traffic shift.
For more information, contact MDOT Superior Region Communications Representative Dan Weingarten at 906-250-4809. Follow the Superior Region on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDOT_UP.
Northern Lower Peninsula
- M-18, Roscommon County, will have one lane open in alternating directions over I-75 via temporary signals.
- M-72, Kalkaska County, will have a traffic shift between Baggs Road and the village of Kalkaska.
For more information, contact MDOT North Region Communications Representative James Lake at 906-250-0993. Follow the North Region on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDOT_Traverse.
- I-96 in Grand Rapids has all eastbound lanes closed between Alpine and Plainfield avenues with traffic detoured onto southbound US-131. The Alpine Avenue exit will be open.
- US-31, Oceana County, will have one lane closed in both directions from Shelby Road to Polk Road. All ramps are open.
- US-131 in Algoma Township, Kent County, has lane closures and a traffic shift between 10 Mile and 14 Mile roads.
For more information, contact MDOT Grand Region Communications Representative John Richard at 616-262-1565. Follow the Grand Region on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDOT_West.
- I-94, Berrien County, has two lanes open in each direction from the state line to New Buffalo with a traffic shift.
- I-94, Van Buren County, has eastbound lanes shifted from 56th Street to M-51.
- M-66, St. Joseph County, has one lane open in alternating directions over the St. Joseph River via temporary signals.
- M-99 in Albion, Calhoun County, is closed and detoured.
- US-12, Berrien County, has one lane open in alternating directions over the Galien River via temporary signals.
- US-12, Branch County, is closed between Bronson and Coldwater for work over the Indiana Northeastern Railroad. Detoured posted.
For more information, contact MDOT Southwest Region Communications Representative Nick Schirripa at 269-208-7829. Follow the Southwest Region on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDOT_Southwest.
Central Michigan and Thumb
- Stewart Avenue in Flint will have one lane open in each direction between M-54 and James O. Cole Boulevard.
- I-69 in Flint has two lanes open in each direction on the eastbound roadway from I-75 to I-475.
- I-75, Bay County, has one southbound lane closed at Salzburg Road to accommodate emergency bridge repairs.
- M-20 in Midland, Midland County, has one lane open in each direction on the bridge over the Tittabawassee River.
- M-46, Saginaw County, will be closed and detoured between Orr Road and Hemlock Road.
- M-46 in Port Sanilac, Sanilac County, is closed and detoured from M-25 to Whitney Drive.
For more information, contact MDOT Bay Region Communications Representative Jocelyn Hall at 989-245-7117. Follow the Bay Region on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDOT_Bay.
For more information, contact MDOT University Region Communications Representative Aaron Jenkins at 630-484-6423. Follow the University Region on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDOT_LanJxn and www.twitter.com/MDOT_A2.
- 14th Street is closed over I-75 for bridge work.
- I-75 has three northbound lanes open and one southbound lane open between Springwells Street and Clark Street.
- I-75 ramps to and from Rosa Parks Boulevard remain closed for bridge work.
- I-94 has all ramps closed at M-3 for bridge work.
- I-94 has the exits to Chene Avenue closed for bridge work. Chene Avenue is closed over I-94.
- M-3 (Gratiot Avenue) has two northbound lanes open and one southbound lane open over I-94 for bridge work.
- I-696 has all westbound lanes closed from I-94 to Dequindre Road for reconstruction.
- M-59 (Hall Road) has three westbound lanes open with traffic shifted from Romeo Plank Road to Garfield Road.
- M-59 (Hall Road) will have three eastbound lanes open from Hayes Road to Garfield Road.
- M-5 has shoulder closures at Maple Road.
- I-75 has all southbound lanes closed from Springwells Street to the US-24 (Telegraph Road) connector for bridge work.
For more information, contact MDOT Metro Region Communications Representative Diane Cross at 248-752-0336. Follow the Metro Region on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDOT_MetroDet.
**CHECK OUT THE NEW WITL APP AVAILABLE AT THE ITUNES STORE AND GOOGLE PLAY!**
- Listen to Banana Don & Stephanie McCoy weekday mornings from 5:30a-10a on 100.7 WITL.
- Follow Stephanie on Facebook at facebook.com/bananastephanie and facebook.com/WITLFM on Twitter @WITLMcCoy.
- Email Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org