Dumb Laws In Michigan
I don't claim to be a law expert by any means, but there are some dumb Michigan laws. Not all of them can be winners...
It's funny to think that some of these laws are even on the books. According to Dumb Laws, they still are! What may even be funnier is that they were necessary in the first place; whether they just be from a different era, or maybe from a specific incident that required some kind of law to address the situation.
Here's a list of the dumb laws that I think are the dumbest...
- A woman isn't allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission. HA! Puh-lease, I do what I want.
- In Detroit, putt-putt golf courses must close by 1:00 AM. I wonder who really wants to play putt-putt golf at 1 in the morning...? A vampire with a penchant for playing miniature sports?
- In Grand Haven, no person shall throw an abandoned hoop skirt into any street or any sidewalk, under penalty of a five-dollar fine for each offense. They must have had a real rampant "wild hoop skirt" problem back in the day...
- In Harper Woods, it is illegal to paint sparrows to sell them as parakeets. Who is painting sparrow to sell them as parakeets?!? Please find a different job.
- In Rochester, all bathing suits must have been inspected by the head of police. I can just imagine... "Yes officer, it's a purple one-piece with a floral design across it... comes with optional matching sundress."
I doubt if a lot of these dumb laws get enforced, but if you want to see the full list, JUST IN CASE... click here.
**CHECK OUT THE NEW WITL APP AVAILABLE AT THE ITUNES STORE AND GOOGLE PLAY!**