Michigan Man Dies After Putting Firecracker Near His Head
According to ABC News, a 22-year-old man in Maine died over the weekend after trying to launch a firework off the top of his head. Officials say that Devon Staples and his friends had been drinking and setting off fireworks Saturday night in the backyard of a friend’s home. Staples placed a fireworks mortar tube on his head and then set it off and was killed instantly.
Unfortunately, it was not the only recent fatality involving fireworks and alcohol. Another incident happened on June 28th in Michigan. According to the Detroit News, a man from Walled Lake died after putting a lit firecracker near his head. Officials say that 47-year-old Scott Jeffers thought that firecracker wasn't lit when he jokingly put it near his head. Police say alcohol was involved in that incident and want to remind people that fireworks and alcohol do not mix.
- Listen to Banana Don & Stephanie McCoy weekday mornings from 5:30a-10a on 100.7 WITL.
- Follow Stephanie on Facebook at facebook.com/bananastephanie and facebook.com/WITLFM on Twitter @WITLMcCoy.
- Email Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org