Lansing Area Memorial Day Celebrations And Where To Find Them
Memorial Day is a day to remember and honor all those who have fought and made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. Thank you to all the men and women who have fought for us!
To celebrate and honor those who've served our country, WILX 10 reports that there are many Memorial Day celebrations taking place throughout the Lansing area. Check out the list below to see what kinds of celebrations are taking place and where you can find them. All events listed below are on Monday, May 29th.
- Dansville - Breakfast hosted at the Dansville Community Center on Monday from 9 to 11 am. Face painting and parade crafts also at breakfast, then the parade starts at 12 pm.
- Delhi Township - A Memorial Day Parade will begin at 2 pm throughout Holt, and end "at the Veterans Memorial Gardens for a special flag ceremony."
- DeWitt - The Memorial Day Parade begins at 10 am at the DeWitt Memorial Association at 315 S Washington and end at the cemetery.
- Eaton Rapids - Downtown Eaton Rapids is hosting a parade that begins at 11 am. To be followed by a memorial service at 12:15 pm at Troy Nealey's Memorial.
- Grand Ledge - The parade begins at 11 am in Downtown Grand Ledge "at the intersection of Jackson and Jefferson streets. A tribute to veterans will be held at noon at Oakwood Cemetery.
- Haslett - A memorial service will "be held in front of the World War II memorial at Ralya Elementary School. Following the ceremony, free burgers and brats will be available for veterans; Burger and brats can be purchased for a small fee by non-veterans.
- Jackson - A Memorial Day Procession and Ceremony will begin at 9 am, and go from the corner of Michigan Ave and Jackson Street to Mt. Evergreen Cemetery. A "Blessing of The Veterans" will take place at 1 pm at the South Jackson Community Church.
- Lansing - A Memorial Day Ceremony will be held at Evergreen Cemetery on Mount Hope at 12 pm. Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero will be in attendance.
- Meridian Township - A Memorial Day Service will be held at noon at the Glendale Cemetery in Okemos, including bagpipes, color guard, and assortment of music, and more.
- Springport - A Memorial Day service will be held at the American Legion Bernheisel-Riley Post 313 at 10 am. The service will be followed by a short concert, and then a parade.
- Stockbridge - A service will be held at 10 am at the Stockbridge American Legion Hall. The parade is immediately following the service, and will leave from the hall and go to the Stockbridge Cemetery.
For more details on any of the day's events, click here.
**CHECK OUT THE NEW WITL APP AVAILABLE AT THE ITUNES STORE AND GOOGLE PLAY!**