Marriott Says Over 5 Million Guest Records Were Stolen in Data Breach
Before everyone was "Staying Home and Stayng Safe" you may have stayed at a Marriott property. If you did, you should know that the company is reporting that over 5 million guest records were stolen in what they call a "property system incident." The company believes that the data breach activity started in mid-January 2020 and continued into February. Here's the information that was reportedly stolen:
- contact details (e.g., name, mailing address, email address, and phone number)
- loyalty account information (e.g., account number and points balance, but not passwords)
- additional personal details (e.g., company, gender, and birthday day and month)
- partnerships and affiliations (e.g., linked airline loyalty programs and numbers)
- preferences (e.g., stay/room preferences and language preference)
You can find out more about the data breach by clicking here.