Hummus Recall Due To Potential Listeria
According to the Lansing State Journal, thousands of cases of Sabra hummus have been recalled due to possible listeria contamination. The nationwide recall by the company is voluntary and at this time no illnesses caused by the hummus have been reported.
Consumers should discard packages with the following codes, which are located on the top of each package:
- 040822011143/300067 – Sabra Classic, 10 oz. – 3-059/Best before May 11;
- 040822011143/300067 – Sabra Classic 10 oz. - 3-060/Best before May 15
- 040822014687/300074 – Sabra Classic, 30 oz. – 3-059/Best before May 11
- 040822342049/301216 – Sabra Classic Without Garnish, 32 oz. – 3-059/Best before May 11
- 040822017497/301290 – Sabra Classic, 17 oz. Six Pack – 3-058/Best before May 11
- 040822017497/301290 – Sabra Classic, 17 oz. Six Pack – 3-059/Best before May 11
- 040822342209/301283 – Hummus Dual Pack Classic/Garlic – 3-058/Best before May 11
Anyone who has purchased any of the items is urged to dispose of the hummus or return it to the store for a full refund. Consumers with any questions can call Sabra at 888-957-2272. You can find more information about the recall on the FDA website by clicking here.