General Mills Recalls Flour Over E. Coli Concerns
According to a report from the FDA, General Mills announced that they are voluntarily recalling their five-pound bags of Gold Medal Unbleached All Purpose Flour with a better if used by date of September 6, 2020. The recall is being issued because of the potential presence of E. coli O26.
Here are some things you need to know about the flour recall:
- The recall is for Gold Medal Unbleached All Purpose 5LB Flour with the package UPC of 016000 196100.
- The better if used by date is 06SEP2020KC.
- This recall only affects this one date code of Gold Medal Unbleached All Purpose Flour five-pound bags.
- All other types of Gold Medal Flour are not affected by this recall.
- Consumers are being asked to check their pantries and dispose of the product affected by this recall.
- Consumers who have had to discard products covered by this recall may contact General Mills Consumer Relations at 1-800-230-8103 or visit www.generalmills.com/flour