Favorite Outdoor Concert Venues for Michigan Music Lovers
If there's one thing Michigan music lovers really enjoy, it's going to summer concerts. We have some of the best outdoor venues around and let me start out with one of my favorites:
1. Pine Knob Music Theater. I've seen some of the best concerts at Pine knob including Bob Seger, The Doobie Brothers, Chicago, REO Speedwagon, and Earth, Wind & Fire. This summer on July 12, Train, Jewel, and Blues Traveler with play at Pine Knob.
2. Meadowbrook Amphitheatre. Here's another great place to have an outdoor concert this summer. This is on the campus of Oakland University where you can bring your own lawn chair or sit closer to the stage. Bonnie Raitt will perform this summer as well as Jason Mraz, Roger Daltrey, and more.
3. Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort. Love this concert venue as well. I've seen REO Speedwagon, Styx, Steve Miller, and so many more at Soaring Eagle. This is a perfect venue for a concert. You can do some gambling before or after the show. Over 10,000 fans pack Soaring Eagle Casino & resort concerts.
4. Comerica Park. Yes, home to the Detroit Tigers baseball team. This is a perfect place for a fun-filled outdoor concert. And there's not a bad seat to be found. I went to see Journey and Def Leppard at Comerica park several years back and it was fantastic to watch.
5. Meijer Gardens. A very popular concert destination in beautiful Grand Rapids. Foreigner and Pink Floyd will perform at Meijer Gardens this summer. A lot of beautiful artwork to check out and great summer concert music makes the whole concert trip worthwhile.
Take a look at mlive.com at all of the great outdoor concert venues Michiganders have come to love over the years.