Amazon To Open Another Warehouse In Michigan
Several media outlets are reporting that Amazon will be getting a $4 million performance-based grant from the Michigan Strategic Fund to open another fulfillment center in Michigan. The new Amazon distribution center will be located in Kent County. According to Mlive, the new distribution center will employ around 1,000 people.
The new warehouse will occupy 100 acres of vacant land in Gaines Township which is about 10 to 15 miles south of Grand Rapids. Amazon will lease space on the vacant land which is owned by furniture maker Steelcase. Reports say that the new Amazon distribution center will be approximately 1-million-square-foot and it will be the fourth Amazon fulfillment center that is located in Michigan.
- CHECK OUT THE NEW WITL APP AVAILABLE
- AT THE ITUNES STORE AND GOOGLE PLAY!**
- Listen to Chris Tyler every weekday afternoon from 3pm - 7pm on 100.7 WITL.
- Follow Chris on twitter @ChrisTylersays.
- Email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.