Meet Mackinac Island’s ‘Miss Margy’
Have you met 'Miss Margy' yet? Well, let me introduce you to her...
'Miss Margy' is the newest addition to the Shepler’s Mackinac Island Ferry fleet. The all-aluminum 85-foot ferry, manufactured by Moran Iron Works, will be transporting passengers to the island this summer. Here are some more interesting facts about the new ferry:
- It took more than 12,000 man-hours to build.
- Its total cost was $3.8 million.
- It has a 285-passenger capacity.
- The ferry has a top speed of 40 miles per hour.
- It was named after a relative in the Shepler family.